Who May Attend
- Membership. The event is open only to members of the Missouri Exotic Species Arts
Association. However, by registering for the event and paying
your dues, you become a member of the organization. Automatically, $5.00 of
your registration will be deducted for your membership dues. See the FAQ page for more information.
- Adults. Participation in the event is open to those who are at least 18 years of
age or who will be so at the time the event begins.
- Minors, under 16. Those under sixteen years of age at the time the event begins may
attend only if their parent or guardian is also attending.
- Minors, 16+. Those under eighteen years of age at the time the event begins may
attend with a permission
form signed and notarized by a parent or guardian. The parent or
guardian will also need to sign the Release of Liability on your
- Release of Liability. In order to attend, you must sign a release of liability and agreement
of understanding, and agree to abide by the rules of the event. A link to
this form will be available as the event approaches.
- Identification. All attendees are required to present proper government-issued photo
identification at check-in.
- Harassment of any attendee, be it physical, verbal, or sexual, will not
be tolerated. Harassment is defined as unwanted contact that persists after
the offender has been told it is not welcome. Please notify a member of
security staff immediately if this occurs.
- Vandalism includes willful destruction or defacement of any park property or
property belonging to MESA. If you see this occurring, please report it
immediately to a staff member.
- Public Display of Affection should be kept discreet and out of view of
the public and especially any minors. This includes groping, any contact of
genitals, passionate kissing, or any sexual contact. Hugs and scritches
are, of course, perfectly acceptable.
- Clothing and Attire. All attendees will be required to wear appropriate attire at all times,
including a shirt, shoes and pants. Yes, fursuits count as clothing, and
within the cabins less may be worn during changing and showering. Attendees
wearing anything inappropriate may be asked to change at the request of any
- State, Federal, and Local Laws. All attendees are required to
comply with all state, federal, and local laws while in attendance.
Violations will be handled by security staff and/or appropriate
- Co-Ed Cabins. All cabins will be 'co-ed', meaning both men and women are
permitted. There are separate men and women's restrooms, located in
separate buildings from the sleeping cabins. The showers have curtains and the
stalls have doors.
- Semi-Public. Cabins are considered to be semi-public areas with
regard to clothing and public display of affection. If there are minors
present, please change clothes privately, and please shower
with the curtain closed. Intimate displays of affection within the cabins
themselves should be avoided if minors can see it, and anything that happens
should be kept quiet and discreet.
- Cleanliness. Before departing, please leave the cabin in the
same state in which you found it. If you moved any furniture, move it back.
Throw away all trash. On the final day, the cabins will need to be swept.
Each cabin has a cleanup procedure posted, and it should be followed on the
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Weapons
- Alcohol will be permitted on the premises. The official Oklahoma
rule is 3.2% beer; however, the park does not mind stronger alcohol at the
group camps so long as people drink responsibly.
- Weapons of any kind are not permitted at the park. This includes
knives with blades longer than two inches (except for cooking), firearms
including airsoft and BB guns; swords even as part of a costume, even
peacebound; projectile guns other than "Nerf" or water pistols; or anything
else whose purpose is to injure others. If in doubt, ask security
There is one exception to this policy. If you are participating
in the off-site marksmanship event, you may have your weapon within the
group camp, as long as you the weapon is kept locked within the
vehicle, unloaded, and with the ammunition stored in a separate
location. Firearms may not be removed from vehicles for any reason while on
park property. Compliance with these rules will be strictly enforced.
The rules for the range itself can be found here: Firearms Range Rules.
- Smoking is permitted at the campground, but is not
permitted in any of the cabins or inside any of the buildings. Further, we
ask that you not smoke anywhere that the smoke can blow into a building,
including right at the entrance. Please be respectful of the rights of
nonsmokers, and try to stay downwind when in public areas.
Cigarette butts should be 'field-stripped' and disposed of properly. Please
make sure the fire is extinguished before disposal. Note:The
ground of the campsite has a heavy layer of pine needles, which are
flammable. Please be very careful when disposing of cigarettes!
- Distribution to Minors. Anyone found giving anyone under 21
years of age alcohol will be immediately required to leave the event. Please report any
violations to security staff.
- Intoxication. Anyone who is deemed by security staff to be
intoxicated may be required to cease consumption of alcohol.
- Leaving the Event. If an offense is committed while intoxicated
that requires someone to leave the event, and that person is intoxicated,
then security staff will supervise the person until they have recovered
sufficiently that they can safely leave the event space.
- Illegal Drugs. This event is held on state park property, and it
is very important that you not bring or consume any illegal drugs. If these
are found, we will deal with it by asking you to leave the event. Further,
we will contact the appropriate law enforcement agencies. Please do not
bring these! This includes prescription drugs not prescribed for you.
- Parent and Guardian Permission. As noted above, those under 16
years of age at the time of the start of the event must attend with a parent
or guardian also attending the event. Those at least sixteen years old and
under eighteen years old must have a signed, notarized permission slip. In addition,
the parent or guardian will need to sign the Release of Liability on behalf
of the child.
- Alcohol. Those under twenty one years of age may not possess or
consume alcohol while at the event.
- Age of Consent. The age of consent in the state of Oklahoma is
sixteen (16) years of age.
- Adult Material. Material which is inappropriate for minors must
at all times be kept out of the view or potential view of minors, including
at the art show, dealer's den, and auctions.
- Required. When you check in, you shall be issued a badge for the
event. This badge must be worn at all times, and is required for attendance
of any events. Those without badges will be required to produce them at the
request of staff and, if unable to do so, may be asked to leave the
- Tampering. Modifying your badge to obscure, alter, or conceal
any of the information on it is not permitted.
- Park Staff. At all times, all attendees are required to obey the
requests of any staff of the state park hosting the event.
- Event Staff. All attendees are required to obey the requests of
members of Wild Nights Staff and the officers of MESA.
- Wild Nights